Praise Works

Praise Works is a personal devotional to God. It contains meditations, prayer, praise, thoughts and even rants to God. Its purpose is to be consistent in relationship with God through a written log exchange. While this is personal, perhaps others will be inspired.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Being a Part of Something Big: A Sunday in April

My company, Servaunt, is involved in a big project. Our friend is launching his music ministry this year and he has gathered a group of talented people to help him launch his ministry.

Servaunt, naturally, is building the website and the "marketing". The other people involved include a photographer, an image consultant, a director, a camera expert, a PR expert, a church events organizer, and countless other people providing this ministry with favor.

What is amazing to see is that this ministry's goal is first and foremost to use music convey the concept of liberty and freedom through praise and worship. Our friend's passion is that the music reaches people of all nations, all backgrounds, all skin color, and reach the unsaved.

It's amazing to see this passion reflected in the energy in everyone involved.

On April 30, 2006, this ministry did its first photoshoot. We were blessed to have a chique Philadelphia restaurant close on a busy Sunday just so we can have the restaurant to ourselves. The lighting and the restaurant's setting was absolutely beautiful.

No time was wasted as the women involved were quickly ready with their hair and makeup. The men were quickly dressed and touched up. The photographer quickly set up his equipment. When it was time to shoot group pictures, everyone quickly got into place. When it was time to shoot individual pictures, no one wasted time.

Even during the down times, no one grumbled. In fact, some of the ministry members sat and sang praise songs.

What was amazing to me was seeing how people worked together for something bigger than themselves. It was clear that the Holy Spirit was present with us that day. Things worked smoothly, effectively, and with excellence. Even now, still, all involved are working hard, working towards excellence.

Too often I feel selfish and uncooperative. I know that is not of God - just my flesh. I have to be continually mindful and remember what I witnessed that Sunday in April. When working as unto God, and striving towards excellence - with a single mind, a single passion, and leaving it all to God - we honor God. And when we honor God, God honors us.

And ultimately, for me, the most important thing is that my life, my character, what I say and do, brings honor and glory to God. I am not perfect and never will be until I come to glory in His presence, but as long as I am here, the best that I can do is to choose God's way, and do everything to bring glory to His name.

So as always, to God be the glory forever and ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home